Who We Are
We are Center for Teaching and Learning Academy
CTL Academy Abuja offers an American standards-based curriculum delivered from a global perspective. CTL Academy attracts families seeking rigorous academics, a whole child philosophy, and a warm and nurturing environment for their children. Our comprehensive program is designed to produce students with their own unique balance of Global Citizen, Servant Leader, and Passionate Scholar. We invite you to stop by for a visit and discover for yourself the amazing community that makes up CTL Academy Abuja.
We're committed to providing a well-structured, well-articulated and coherent program that promotes education of the ‘whole child’ through an emphasis on intellectual, personal, emotional and social growth.
The day to day operations of CTL Academy are managed by the school administration, faculty and staff. In addition, CTL Academy has an advisory board made up of corporate executives who support and promote the school’s vision, development and growth. The Advisory Board sets policies to ensure high standards of accountability and fiscal stability.Meet Our Staff
CTL Academy defines International Education according to these following criteria...
- Developing citizens of the world in relation to culture, language and learning to live together.
- Building and reinforcing students’ sense of identity and cultural awareness.
- Fostering students’ recognition and development of universal human values.
- Stimulating curiosity and inquiry in order to foster a spirit of discovery and enjoyment of learning.
- Equipping students with the skills to learn and acquire knowledge, individually or collaboratively, and to apply these skills and knowledge accordingly across a broad range of areas.
- Providing international content while responding to local requirements and interests.
- Encouraging diversity and flexibility in teaching methods.
- Providing appropriate forms of assessment and international benchmarking.
- Provides maximum growth for individual students by emphasizing problem-solving, inquiry, discovery, and self-direction as well as creative and critical thinking.
- Reflects a clearly articulated progression of standards and benchmarks in each discipline from Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- Provides a framework of academic challenge and life skills through embracing and transcending traditional school subjects.
- Monitors student achievement of standards and benchmarks on individual student level and school wide.
- Focuses on the development of the whole child in the classroom and in the world outside.
- Is well-resourced and delivered by competent, experienced, and caring teachers.