Each CTL Academy applicant is considered based upon a well-rounded review of prior report cards, test scores, and teacher recommendations; however, at the most basic level, admission to CTL Academy requires the applicant to meet the following criteria:
- All Preschool applicants for whom we have seats reserved will be scheduled for a Preschool Readiness Interview. Full acceptance is issued only after successful completion of this interview.
- All students in grades 1-6 will be scheduled for placement tests and admissions interviews. Assessments may consist of some or all of the following: oral reading fluency, comprehension, writing and mathematics. Full acceptance is issued only after successful completion of the placement test and the interview.
Grade Level Placement
- CTL Academy’s age cut-off date for enrollment is September 30. Students coming from August/September to June/July school years who are applying for Grade 1 to 12 and whose dates of birth fall after the cut-off date will not be required to repeat a grade level should they meet all requirements for admission and continuance into the next logical grade level.
- Students coming from school years that begin at any point other than August/September will be required to re-enroll in the same grade level in which they are currently studying or which they may have just completed.
- Once enrolled, promotion of a student to a higher grade level or subject, or retention in the same grade level, is based on the student’s ability and achievement as determined by the student’s teacher, counselor and principal rather than on parent request.
Special Needs Students
Admission to CTL Academy is contingent upon a match between the student’s needs and level of service available. Documentation that details schooling requirements and the reasons for these requirements must be included with the application. CTL Academy offers some services for students with special learning needs or specific learning difficulties but we may not be able to sufficiently meet the needs of students with significant limited intellectual ability, severe physical handicaps or pronounced social, emotional or behavioral difficulties. Determination of admission for special needs students will be made after a thorough evaluation by our admissions review team.
Evaluation and Acceptance
After our admissions review team determines that an applicant will succeed at CTL Academy, we will send an official Letter of Acceptance by e-mail. You will have a specified timeframe within which to accept or decline the invitation. Some applicants may be accepted on a monitored or probationary basis and granted full admission upon successful completion of the conditions or provisions noted.